Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Employment Status: Exempt
Hours: 40 hrs. per week/flexible
To manage KBOO’s volunteer program. Responsible for the day-to-day coordination of volunteers and their training.
• Three-years of volunteer management experience, preferably with a nonprofit community organization.
• Excellent communication skills specifically related to building cross-cultural awareness, sensitivity and empathy to different abilities, mental health challenges and lgbtqts communities.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred (written and spoken).
• Ability to work well under pressure and without direct supervision.
• Training or teaching experience preferred.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as necessary.
• Ability to use MicroSoft office, and other software, email, databases, as needed. Essential Functions
• Recruit, interview, and coordinate volunteers to appropriate areas of work for all KBOO events.
• Gather information bi-annually regarding volunteer needs and satisfaction in coordination with other staff.
• Conduct volunteer orientations at least monthly. • Evaluate and give constructive feedback to volunteers as necessary.
• Increase volunteer knowledge about individual and interpersonal levels of racism including biases, intercultural communication and resolving conflict and harm.
• Create a team of volunteers to assist the volunteer coordinator in addressing race equity.
• Conduct ongoing outreach in communities of color and lgbtqts communities.
• Represent the interest of volunteers within the station, and act as a liaison between volunteers and staff.
• Include demographics in evaluation methods to collect data to change culture and processes and show a willingness to make large scale changes based on needs surfaced by staff and volunteers/members.
• Employ non-traditional ways to gather feedback on program and trainings which may include interviews roundtables and external reviews.
• Increase communication skills among volunteers specifically related to building crosscultural awareness, sensitivity and empathy and including conversations around dominant culture and race equity.
• Create learning plans for volunteers in coordination with staff and specifically on race equity knowledge to assist volunteers in talking freely about race and equity and track volunteer learnings and resistance and growth.
• Facilitate the resolution of conflicts, and addressing harm as well as training staff/volunteers to address harm.
• Regularly thank and appreciate volunteers.
• Participate in fundraising and events by conducting outreach, recruiting and training volunteers.
• Maintain current volunteer information, volunteer hours, and database of volunteer trainings attended and interests.
• Attend staff meetings, staff development trainings and other meetings as needed/requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline to Apply
September 23, 2019
KBOO Community Radio is an equal opportunity employer and an affirmative action employer. Women, Trans/non-binary people, lgbtqts, and people of color are encouraged to apply. Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, class, creed, physical or mental disability.
This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $31,428/year. The employee shall be eligible for annual step increases subject to conditions in KBOO’s Collective Bargaining Agreement. Benefits include medical and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and credit union eligibility. This position also offers paid vacation, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays per year, in accordance with KBOO’s Collective Bargaining Agreement. FSLAexempt employees receive paid compensatory time off. Eligibility for the 401k is one year after the date of hire